Meyer Najem is committed to green building and sustainable construction practices. Our projects are completed with the intent to meet the US Green Building Council’s LEED standard.
Since the start of the global sustainable movement, Meyer Najem has stayed committed to promoting sustainable practices within local operations and on-site project teams:
- Promote and educate, on a quarterly basis, up-to-date sustainable practices, requirements and recent changes.
- Implementation of recycling programs to reduce landfill waste stream.
- Disposal of obsolete computer and electronics to an IDEM approved recycling facility.
- Interact and brainstorm education programs with the U.S. Green Building Council – Indiana Chapter members on a monthly basis (http://www.usgbc-in.org/index.php)
- Provide in-house training to all employees preparing for the examinations and continuing education under the U.S. Green Building Council, NAHB & Energy Star Programs
- Educate employees of completed projects that have surpassed the sustainable goals set forth at the beginning of the design – organization requirements, standard practices for design/construction and operations/maintenance methods.
Meyer Najem established this sustainability initiative to build the database for “green” construction principles most beneficial to our Owners. It is our commitment to “green” building that helps educate our employees to a) understand its effectiveness, b) portray that expertise/knowledge to new and existing clients and c) aid in the construction of smarter facilities.